20 September, 2012

Iris-Ramona Penny

Let's have a tangent, shall we? It may come back around. To celebrate ten years of meeting each other, Nathan and I had a gay ole time in San Antonio. Two years ago. I get around to writing about stuff eventually.

We stayed at the supposedly haunted Crockett Hotel, strolled about the River Walk and got a bit hammered at the Menger Bar. That bar is the shizz. Teddy Roosevelt recruited Rough Riders there during the Spanish-American War. I want to live in this bar forever.

Photo courtesy of Readcoco Blog.
As we sorta stumbled about downtown San Antonio, Nathan stopped at Ripley's Believe it or Not and exclaimed, "Let's do it!" I stared at a replica of the Eiffel Tower made out of toothpicks for 30 minutes. Good times.

Oh, and we made asses of ourselves in the Madame Tussaud's wax museum.

Lucky for you, they are on my husband's phone.

Remember that comparison chart of presidents Lincoln and Kennedy and all the eerie/interesting comparisons to their lives? They had a huge replica at Ripley's. It is one finger on the creepy, one finger on the fascinating, a middle finger on WHO HAS TIME TO NOTICE THIS!?!



Apparently I do with my daughters.

Ramona is in that fun, goober baby phase. She can interact, play games and be an overall joy and annoyance to her big sister. Iris is in first grade going on 50. She is testing our boundaries daily in the most joyful and annoying ways. I love noticing the intriguing differences between the two.The comparisons are amusing, mostly trivial, but are fun to notice. All in all, it shows us that each child is a new beginning. One different than the one before. Never expect one child to be like the other--it simply will not happen. 



1 comment:

  1. LOVE this!!! And I love that the differences are forever stamped on the computer for future reference. It will be fun adding to the list as the years go on!

    I do have to admit that I'm feeling a little jipped for not getting a glimpse at the photos from Madame Tussaud's :)

    ReplyDelete