19 February, 2013

Aesthetic Building

Some things from the past I am thinking about lately.


I giggle at Christian Slater trying-to-be-Jack-Nicholson in Heathers.


Confession: I finally watched Heathers from start to finish this weekend. What an odd movie. Instant cult classic. 

Tom Hanks was brilliant as Uncle Ned on Family Ties. He takes a relatively hokey show and gives it a pulse, titling the scales between ethos and pathos with such clarity I remember it even today. I also love love LOVE when 80s TV shows got all PSA on us about drinking, drugs and huffing White Out. 



My mom sewed her own dresses, and I always thought she looked gorgeous. 



I got a Loves perfume collection once for Christmas, and it was the best gift ever. I felt so incredibly grown up. 


That is all for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment