17 May, 2011

Comin' Back at Ya!

Well, hello there me hearties! Top of the blogosphere to yer. I've been away for a wee speck, sailing the seven seas, searching for pirate booty.....okay screw the pirate talk. I don't even know what prompted it other than the fact this is where the brain went at the moment.

I knew going into this whole blog mess I wouldn't be the most consistent. What I lack in quantity of postings will make up for quality. No postings about the weird hair-going-straight problems during my pregnancy or what boring stuff I did at work the past two months. Oh no, my friends. Here you get all the musings fit to print! And if you don't understand my dripping sarcasm, then it be best to eff off of this blog and go read something else. Seriously peeps.

Since my last post I've done some travels to San Francisco, survived contest managing a theatre competition and FINISHED THE SEMESTER AND AM NOW ON MATERNITY LEAVE. Heyo!

Honestly, this extended leave reminds me why I am just not programmed to be a stay-at-home mom. I am into Day 2 of my free time and although I have a list of things to do, I don't want to do any of it. Can I sit on the couch today and eat Oreos and watch Swamp People? Because it is on Netflix now and I like to watch people skin alligators. I should make better use of my time, and I am sure that whole nesting will kick in here soon, but I am so fracking tired from this semester I just need my brain to peter out into the ether, maybe not to return for at least a good week. Maybe two. Last year I was so pooped from the school year, I sat on the couch for a week and ate nothing but nachos and watched the World Cup on the tube. It. Was. AWESOME!

So I am back, folks. I will post about what I've been doing the last couple of months, peppered with random pop culture observations, making fun of things, my obsession with music, the family, and the big surprise that awaits us in six weeks--the arrival of my second little lady! Thanks for reading, ya'll. Now on with the show.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So glad you're back. I'm a happy reader. Did your hair really straighten a little bit?? Mine is almost completely straight after two pregnancies now. I'm not sure I could even hair-spray a curl in place anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hair is completely straight in the back and is wavy on top. And it looks dry and dull-colored no matter how I take care of it. I had to cut the back and top a bit myself as I was starting to sport a mullet so sexy it was making people take their clothes off in public.

    ReplyDelete